The two major oral diseases, gum disease (gingivitis and periodontitis) and caries, affect a lot of people. One out of two adults suffer from periodontitis, an inflammation of the gums and bone surrounding the teeth. Caries, where the teeth decay, is the most common non-communicable disease in the world. Oral diseases can to a large extent be prevented by good oral hygiene. TePe’s preventive tips are simple:
Prevent caries by
• Having regular meals
• Avoiding snacking in between meals
• Drinking water when thirsty
• Brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and clean between your teeth once a day
Prevent gum disease by
• Brushing twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and clean between your teeth once a day A great tip to remember is the 4x2 rule:
• Use 2 cm of fluoride toothpaste
• Brush 2 times a day
• Brush for 2 minutes each time
• Do not eat or drink for 2 hours after brushing
When brushing, hold the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gumline and brush with small movements. Brush the inside, the outside and the chewing surfaces. The toothbrush doesn’t reach the surfaces between the teeth, but TePe has products for this as well. For narrow spaces you can recommend TePe Dental Tape or TePe Mini Flosser. For wider spaces you can recommend TePe Interdental Brushes. A great complementary product is our modern toothpick, TePe Easy Pick.
Webinar – Daily oral care
This webinar is in English and about 15 minutes long. Perfect for watching together with your colleagues over lunch! This webinar will give you some useful tips on daily oral care and how to maintain a healthy mouth. We will also present TePe’s toothbrush range and our interdental cleaning Products.