Rheumatoid Arthritis in Dentistry
The relationship between oral and general health has been the focus of research for decades. Clinical knowledge and observation of disability and associated medical conditions can form the basis of the oral care advice that we provide in general practice. There are clear opportunities for the dental profession to support the diagnosis of certain conditions and provide patients with preventative lifestyle advice.
This webinar will provide an overview of Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), explore the various treatment modalities and how they can impact oral health, treatment outcomes, and the patient’s ability to maintain a healthy mouth. It will also question some of the expectations that we may have about patients with challenging health problems who suffer from a compromised immune system.
Click on the registration links below to register. After you register, you'll receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar. After the event, a recorded version will also be sent to those who registered.
• Provide an overview of RA including prevalence and the global burden of disease and disability
• Present an update on research linking RA with periodontal disease
• Have an understanding of RA, its treatment modalities and how it effects the immune system
• Be aware of the possible oral effects of the drugs and therapies used to treat RA
• Consider holistically tailored oral hygiene advice on a case-by-case basis
About the speaker
Judy Caesley is a dental hygienist with 30 years of experience. She did her dental hygiene training in the Royal Airforce. Judy has been a tutor at the University of Bristol for the last 12 years and she has been with TePe for the last seven years as a clinical and educational support specialist.
RDH, TePe UK